Translate

21 de septiembre de 2017

Reflection on the Procés Català


If I were Catalan
11/09/2017 | José María Sánchez Ródenas
I am not Catalan, I define myself as a leftist and internationalist, and for principles I can not assume nationalisms, therefore, I am not independent. Having said that, I would like to specify:

1 st. That, feeling deeply democratic, I aspire for Spain to advance, sooner rather than later, towards a true participatory democracy, which overcomes the current representative pseudodemocracy emanating from the regime of 78, in which there is no place either for corruption or the kidnapping of sovereignty and public powers, by the economic powers.

2º. That, feeling a Republican of conviction, I did not vote for the Constitution of 1978, because we did not allow the Election of the State Model, imposing on us a monarchy heir to the Franco regime, for not guaranteeing an Aconfessional State and for not contemplating the Secularity of the Teaching, perpetuating the influence and power of the Catholic Church in Spanish public life.

3º. That, in his time, in favor of the "Democratic Rupture", and questioning the "Transition", to allow the "laundering" of the political and economic apparatus of the Franco regime, I understand that the Political Regime of 78 years ago entered a evident process of decomposition, marked by the corruption of Spanish public life, and whose last rales we are attending today, so I consider that overcoming it is an imperative need for the political regeneration of our country.

Starting from this declaration of principles, I express my admiration and my deep respect for the Catalan people, their culture and their identity, because I firmly believe in the dynamism and capacity of Catalan society to address the economic, political and social changes that the Catalonia of the future needs, and that these capabilities make Catalonia the engine for the construction of a modern, open, innovative and supportive Spanish society, within a Plurinational Spanish State.

And this reflection would not make sense, if I did not exercise the exercise of putting myself in the shoes of many Catalan people, who in the street and in the institutions defend the "right to decide": some, independentistas by conviction; others, independentistas because, aspiring to a redefinition of the lace of Catalonia in the Spanish State, the lack of dialogue, political will and the "tancredismo" of the governments of the PP and the PSOE, has left them no other way out; and finally others, who without independence aspirations, share with them the sensitivity of Catalan citizenship to exercise their right to vote on their own future. And Putting myself in the skin of these sectors of the Catalan people, supposes to ask me what my political position would be, before the "Procés", if I were Catalan.

Turning now to my initial statement of principles, stating the immovable and inflexible current Spanish political reality, absolutely "bunkerized", assuming that I declare myself a strong advocate of the "right to decide" Catalan citizenship, and understanding that the character civic-popular "Procés" would overflow the current political framework of Catalonia, and reconfigure the correlation of forces of the parties that now have presence in the Parliament, with these considerations, if I were Catalan, I have to recognize that if independence allowed me have the expectation of opening a process that would enable the construction of a true participatory democracy, I would be a pro-independence one; that if independence allowed me to end an anachronistic monarchy and accede to a republic as a form of state, I would be an independentist; and finally, if independence allowed me to end the "status quo" of the Political Regime of 78, and end, on the one hand, with bipartisanship, relegating the PP and the PSOE to political irrelevance, and on the other, erase the map political Catalan to the heirs of the old CIU, I would be independentista.

Finally, I would point out that although it is clear that independence is not the paradigm that fully guarantees the achievement of my political and social aspirations, I can not help but understand the pro-independence position adopted by a large part of the Catalan people. last ten years, since the PP filed an Appeal of Unconstitutionality to the Statute, distorting the document legitimately approved by the Parliament of Catalonia and distorting the will of the Catalan citizens who ratified it, has not been offered a single political alternative, if have ignored their requests for political dialogue and yet, in a torticero manner, state institutions have been used to prosecute Catalan political activity and to criminalize independence, trying to permanently isolate Catalonia, confronting it with the rest of the peoples of the Spanish State.
9/9/2017

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

No se admiten comentarios con datos personales como teléfonos, direcciones o publicidad encubierta

Entrada destacada

PROYECTO EVACUACIÓN MUNDIAL POR EL COMANDO ASHTAR

SOY IBA OLODUMARE, CONOCIDO POR VOSOTROS COMO VUESTRO DIOS  Os digo hijos míos que el final de estos tiempos se aproximan.  Ningú...